News:

The Toadfish Monastery is at https://solvussolutions.co.uk/toadfishmonastery

Why not pay us a visit? All returning Siblings will be given a warm welcome.

Main Menu

My Hill

Started by Griffin NoName, September 26, 2006, 12:05:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bob in a quantum-state-of-faith

Hot, today on My Hill. Working at McDonalds trying to get their new A/C system installed, before the interference gets too extreme.
Sometimes, the real journey can only be taken by making a mistake.

my webpage-- alas, Cox deleted it--dead link... oh well ::)

Sibling Chatty

Busy day on My Hill, bein' politically active.

Had lunch with the next Congressman for my district...one of the very few people that I think i'd ever trust to actually be a good politician, because he didn't really want to be one, but he felt it's his duty.

Feeling lucky on My Hill, that i'll have someone in Washington DC that I not only like, but respect. That's one thing that's been missing for so long.
This sig area under construction.

Back from Traffic Court, today on My Hill.

Was surprised - got an efficient, amimable Judge.  Was out of there within 90 minutes.

Unfortunately, he also was all business, and was not interested in listening to ANYthing - take what the city offered or plead not guilty & take your chances in actual court.

So, not being entirely dim, I plead guilty & took my lumps, WITHOUT getting a chance to 'splain.

Oh well. At least it was quick!

Griffin NoName

drowing in paperwork on my hill
Psychic Hotline Host

One approaches the journey's end. But the end is a goal, not a catastrophe. George Sand

Scriblerus the Philosophe

Contemplating starting a "what are you eating?" thread while preparing to leave for a study group on my hill.
"Whoever had created humanity had left in a major design flaw. It was its tendency to bend at the knees." --Terry Pratchett, Feet of Clay

Aggie

Cookin' an' cleanin' on My Hill
WWDDD?

Kiyoodle the Gambrinous

Slept for two and a half hour on my hill...

Went to sleep at around 7 am and has been waken up by my mother at 9:30 for no obvious reason...

Now trying to get over my hang over and tiredness...

On my hill

I'm back..

Scriblerus the Philosophe

Fun stuff. I hate it when people wake me up.

Ranting about my idiotic government teacher on my hill. I leave campus for other classes around noon, and he wants me in there to get what I missed recently at lunch (which starts AFTER I leave) or after chool, but he leaves before I get out.  >:(
"Whoever had created humanity had left in a major design flaw. It was its tendency to bend at the knees." --Terry Pratchett, Feet of Clay

Watched a cool movie on My Hill tonight.

16 Blocks, with Bruce Willis. 

Some action, but mostly character development.

Worth a rental fee, at least.

Vita Curator

Just got home from Oktoberfest on my hill.  The Germans really know how to party, and eat, and drink, and eat, and drink.

Did I mention that they really know how to drink?  Great beer! (hiccup).
Unity is Strength. Knowledge is Power. Attitude is Everything.

Stupid STUPID stupid "state" fair near to My Hill.

Makes for needless TRAFFIC JAMS, due to STUPIDITY of folk who THINK they know how to drive, but do not really ...

Makes it rough for legimate person trying to make a LIVING, to get to next paying customer ... they oughta MOVE the "state" fair outsid'a town, is what they ought t'do.  Not really an official "state" fair anyways--tha's only'n oklahomerCITY.

Stupid traffic.

Vita Curator

Absolutely gorgeous and huge harvest moon on my hill.  If you have clear skies, go outside and take a gander, just gorgeous.

Last day of the "state" fair on My Hill ... Yaaay!  Traffic will return to normal, now.

I, too saw the huge moon, Vita.  VERY cool.

(Have you noticed, that in the last few years, you can see a faint reflection of the "dark" part of the moon? [new moon?]  When I was a kid, the dark moon was completely black.  Nowadays, there are apparently enough lighted cities on Earth, that it glows faintly, if you're in a dark enough location.  Interesting: light "pollution")

Vita Curator

Having nightmares or day-mares this morning on my hill about mentally ill Kim Jong-Il and nuclear annihilation.

rumblemonk

my son decided to make My Hill his hill, by overtaking the glorious mountains that My Hill is at the foot. Little does he know that in 6 months those mountains will no longer be his nor mine but her's.
I weep at the foot of My Hill.

(just trying to make up for lost time)