News:

The Toadfish Monastery is at https://solvussolutions.co.uk/toadfishmonastery

Why not pay us a visit? All returning Siblings will be given a warm welcome.

Main Menu

The Wretched Blinds Saga

Started by Griffin NoName, October 10, 2015, 07:46:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Griffin NoName

I have a new cleaner. After after her first session I discovered that two of a row of five blinds and their cords missing and the joiners that connect upper cords to the lower cords (a very significant part, actually both are.) These blinds were custom made and cost a fortune, I mean really, a lot of money, and they are one of the things I did to stamp my self onto my new flat when I moved in. They are still in pristine condition.

Anyway, I looked everywhere for the missing cords and connectors, as they are designed to come off as a child safety feature, and when they do, you just re-fix them, they are not actually broken, just fulfilled what they are designed to do to prevent a child getting strangled.

I could not find them anywhere.

I contacted the cleaner and asked about them. No they hadn't gone in the rubbish - no she didn't know where they were - I got nowhere. But it is not something you wouldn't not notice you'd done, and parts don't just disappear on their own.

I've been trying to replace the parts and have spent hours and hours on the internet and contacting blind manufacturers and these parts no longer exiist. Only cheap tacky revolting non-matching parts are available. (even from luxury blind makers, very odd).

I want to scream and scream and scream. If she had owned up to what had happened and given me the parts I could have re-fixed them. Instead my beautiful blinds are now ruined.

My upset is probably disproportianate. But I am feeling complete despair. (I have recently come off some of my anti-depressent meds which may not be helping and am getting more and more depressed). (my psych. tookd me off them, saying they weren't doing anything, which he can't possibly have known, so must be some other reason, and obviously they were doing something.).

Psychic Hotline Host

One approaches the journey's end. But the end is a goal, not a catastrophe. George Sand