News:

The Toadfish Monastery is at https://solvussolutions.co.uk/toadfishmonastery

Why not pay us a visit? All returning Siblings will be given a warm welcome.

Main Menu

Keep a product for more than 12 years!

Started by Griffin NoName, December 15, 2014, 04:57:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Griffin NoName

I just got the wrong punch holes in my new diary insert and when I requested the right ones they told me they had stopped making them as it was now 12 years since the particular type of filofax I use had been discontinued.

So they said choose a new one and we will knock 50% off. (money, not 1/2 the filofax).

I ordered one today in gorgeous leather which I could afford with the discount.

But they've requested the wrong colour from dispatch and now I am waiting to find out if it can be correcteed.

The phone conversation had been one of those where she kept saying brown and I kept saying NO, I want the BLACK, I don't know how many times this happened, maybe 5 times, anyway she ordered brown. What with Christmas post I am worried I won't get my diary before year end when I started the whole procedure back at the beginning of November, and now I have loads of dates just scrawled on the back of my current one which ends on 31st Dec.

But the real point is, I find this sort of thing so stressful. I thought I'd ticked the task off my to do list and now it is back on. I have been unable to do anything other than fret all day. And of course now more ill because of it. I cannot cope with modern life. It is awful.
Psychic Hotline Host

One approaches the journey's end. But the end is a goal, not a catastrophe. George Sand

Griffin NoName

So no one appreciates this terrible turn my life has taken.

I have to tell you, it is all over now.

In case a brown one turns up, they have now sent a black one (new order), next day delivery free.

I just have to return the brown one when it shows up.

I am satisfied with this. In fact, I am pleased  by this.

Except, it's tomorrow it will be shipped next day delivery, and I have to go to the post office that day. (last posting day for Xmas) so what will they do if I am out? I am always in, so this is remarkable. Normal fit people probably wouldn't think twice about this.

Plus, assuming the brown one has not appeared tomorrow, then there will be the necessity to go to the post office again. Going to the post office is a massive undertaking for me, and no, I do not have anyone who will do this for me. The lady downstairs will post letters, but not parcels. Normal fit people probably wouldn't think twice about this. But I need several total rest days before Xmas hits.

Such dilemmas!
Psychic Hotline Host

One approaches the journey's end. But the end is a goal, not a catastrophe. George Sand

Darlica

Sorry Griffin, I haven't been around here much this week, the work schedule I have on uneven weeks is killing me...

I wonder if my Filofax is out of production too? I better check...
Lately I've been using the google calender, mostly for one reason, to cut down the weight of stuff I carry around. I love to find something that ain't so spying friendly though...

It sounds at least one of your problems is solved, which did generate two others... I think the company will be OK with you returning the brown one a little later, at least if you tell them your situation.
I had a bit similar problems when my back was at it's worst and I needed help to send back a parcel. I called the company and explained the situation and they gave me 14 days extra to return it.

I hope things turns out for the best!

"Kafka was a social realist" -Lindorm out of context

"You think education is expensive, try ignorance" -Anonymous

Griffin NoName

Thanks Darlica. The thing that has changed for Filofax is certain ones (eg. mine was "pocket" size) had 4 punch holes, but Filofax have now standardised so all are six punch holes.

I do sometimes have to ask companies for late returns. Some now do courier collect which is great and solves the problem, but most don't. I could always do a courier collect myself but is a bit expensive.

I've never carried my filofax diary around with me. Instead I have a little mini sized notebook for jotting stuff in, which can then be transferred t the diary later. I suppose I could use the notes function on my phone, but I find the notebook easier.

Nevertheless my current handbag weighs a ton. It is lovely but even empty shockingly heavy. I am not sure whether to ditch it and buy another one, but they don't give the weight of handbags so buying online is hit and miss.
Psychic Hotline Host

Darlica

I need to have my calender with me at work and I need to carry everything in either the pockets of my cargo-pants or the jacket as the uniform doesn't come with a hand bag...

I've tried the note book for a while but it didn't work for me. Getting a smart phone was really a minor revolution for me. Suddenly I had my phone, camera, mp3 player and calender all in one! I usually call it my third brain-half.

Griffin NoName

Smartphones have changed the world. Not around in my day. I had a separate work diary, just a diary, not a big beast like the filofax, so much thinner and lighter, although I rarely needed to take it off my desk. Sedentary job for the most part.
Psychic Hotline Host

Griffin NoName

My new Filofax(s) arrived on Friday. One black and one brown. Now I need to work out how/when I will get to the post box/office (not sure if opening in a post box is big enough) to return the brown one. They are both really nice (well identical except colour of leather). I will miss my old one, but the new one is different enough to please me mightily.

Anyway, panic over. I can now put in all my January appointments.
Psychic Hotline Host

Darlica

Good to hear got the replacement calender and like it!  :)